Easy Homemade Cough Remedy
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 oz water
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ tbsp ground cloves
1. First, mix all of the ingredients in a pot and let it boil. The honey is an anti-inflammatory, ginger strengthens the immune system, and cloves are an antioxidant. Together they provide an all-rounded defense against these types of illness. Once the mixture has come to the boil, allow it to simmer for around 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Then set the pot to the side to cool a little. The sugar should have caramelized, which gives the substance a thick, sticky consistency.
3. Use a spoon to distribute small drops onto a sheet of baking paper. Now wait until the drops have set hard.
4. Then, sprinkle some icing sugar over the top. This ensures that the cough drops don't stick together.
5. Done! Now you have beautiful cough drops at hand for that health emergency. These bonbons can also be dropped into hot water, where they soon turn into a delicious tea. Get well soon!
Here are the video instructions:
The best thing is they're homemade and you can be 100% certain of what's in them. Particularly when you're sick and your body isn't at full strength, that's a comforting thought.